Sunday, March 25, 2012

Inspiration

What inspires you and gives you that extra boost to keep going?  Is it beautiful scenery or a powerful phrase that you recite to yourself or is it sheer stubbornness and determination that keeps you pushing to the end?  My tolerance for suffering is that not that high, so I have to rely on other modes of inspiration to keep me  the pedals turning.  I'm sure like most of you, it is a combination of things that keep you pushing hard to meet or exceed your goals.  I have  been inspired and motivated by people, places and phrases and use them all to keep me pushing harder and riding longer.  In addition to beautiful scenery and grinding it out through the pain, I have a phrase on my Road ID when in need of some motivation especially when fatigue sets in and all I want to do is reach the end of a ride or workout:

    PEDAL HARD I'M THE MOTOR


I've said this to myself more times that I can count and not sure if it's a Jedi mind trick or verbalizing to no one around me that I have to dig deeper and keep pushing.  I seem to find that extra bit of energy to take me to the finish.  Granted, the mind trick doesn't always yield the exact result every time but it still provides that extra something to direct your focus and keeps you mind from wondering into doubt.  I hope you find this inspirational and use it in your daily workout routine or develop your own method of pushing yourself when it's needed.

Please send your feedback and ideas.  I look forward to hearing from you and incorporating your ideas to keep me inspired and motivated.  



Until the next time,
Keep your mind sharp, body fit and pedal hard
MB&B

No comments:

Post a Comment